Tuesday, April 30, 2013

To Everything Turn, Turn, Turn

Mattie & Stuffy
Today, with the rays from the morning sun shining bright in to my bay window, I am going to spread out all comfy on my pillow, prop my head up on my blanket and take a look around the world outside.

Life is perfect and I am content!

The warmth of the sunshine soothes me and so I sprawl out, basking in the warm glow of the mid-morning sun and peer out the window just in time to see the mailman walk up the sidewalk and make little deposits in to the mail slots of my neighbor's doors.  Curious things, mailmen. When he reaches my door he sends a few envelopes through our mail slot and I lift my head a bit and watch them drift down and settle on the wood floor below.  I hear the scamper of dog feet skidding along the floor and so I flip over on my side to get a better advantange, and watch my brother Spike, a little Chihuahua, tear up the mail...curious that he feels the need to attack the mail. So I watch for a while, until Spike's aggressions subside.

The sun beams grow warmer, heated up by streaming in through my bay window. I like the feel and I stretch out on my tummy to look outside just in time to see Max, my next door neighbor's cat, gingerly meandering through my yard...leaving her paw prints in the morning dew of my grassy lawn.  Max likes to walk over and sit just right outside of  my bay window and peer up at me.  I peer back at Max through the window, slowly wagging my tail to signal my pleasure at seeing her.  In return Max flicks her tail and grooms herself a bit, and after a while continues on her journey of walking through my yard...leaving a trail of her paw print marks as she strolls through the dewy grass.

This is what Tuesday's are made of - pleasurable things. Moments not to be disturbed.

The morning lazily turns in to the afternoon.  Laying on my little sun-warmed doggy pillow I look out my bay window to contemplate the day - what to do? Out of the corner of my eye I catch a little tiny creature stirring in the sill of my bay window.  It's a fly coming back to life after it's long winter's nap. *Flap flap flap,* it's little wings start working. I tilt my head a bit and watch as the fly starts to get his energy back, trying to fly...he only has enough energy to bonk in to my paw and flutter back to the windowsill.

Curious little fly. I watch him for a while. Back and forth he zips and bounces along the windowsill, trying with all of his little fly might to get airborne...but all he does is continue to bonk me on my paw, and sometimes my forehead. I'm not really bothered by the little fly, we all have to do our thing.... like the mailman, like Spike, like Max, and like me.

It's good to have a purpose. Today I'm going to lay on my warm doggy pillow, looking out my bay window and watch the world twist and turn, and change all around me, and I'll be happy and contented!

With lub,
MattieDog

18 comments:

  1. That would be Georgia Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mattie..I have been waiting for your blog and its worth the wait! Loverly story! Now I feel cozy inside!! Love you little pup!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scooch over - I want some of that doggy pillow.
    A lovely little passage, Mattie. I agree with Betsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, you warm our hearts with such beautiful thoughts dear Mattie & Mattie's Momz. Doggie Pillows by the window are the BESTEST, as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Little Bloggie Mattie Thank You !! It always makes me smile :) Hugs Love Soozi13

    ReplyDelete
  6. We lub yo bloggy, Mattiedog! MA says itz very zen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mattie - what a great little author you are! Beautifully written - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Mattie my pal...i haz missed your bloggins since i wents OTRB so it si good to see you again....and I do like the sound of Toosdays...every day be like that here at da Bridge

    ReplyDelete